Job Title: Financial Accounting Manager
Reports to: CFO
Location: Head Office, Eindhoven, The Netherlands
A challenging role in an international, dynamic, startup environment. Key role of the Financial Accounting Manager is to ensure the accuracy, reliability and integrity of the group’s administration and financial reports. And to help developing and professionalizing the company’s financial reporting and compliance.
- Group and statutory accounting and Consolidation (IFRS and Local GAAP)
- Ensure compliance with local statutory requirements as well as with IFRS guidelines.
- Prepare fully reconciled monthly, quarterly and year-end single entity accounts in accordance with corporate time tables and IFRS reporting requirements.
- Prepare fully reconciled quarterly and year-end consolidated group accounts in accordance with corporate time tables and IFRS reporting requirements.
- Ensure all transactions and accounting entries are in compliance with IFRS and are posted in a timely manner to ensure account balances are properly stated.
- Ensure solid balance sheet controls and strong controlled reporting processes, including financial reconciliations for both Balance Sheet and P&L line items.
- Supporting the company’s budgeting, forecasting and planning cycles
- Handing annual accounts and auditor communication
- Liaise with internal/external auditors and other relevant bodies and authorities
- Support the preparation of the monthly management reporting package including analyses & commentary.
- Produce trend and variance reports and ad-hoc summaries for management,
Qualifications, experience & skills
A recognized post graduate financial qualification (MBA (preferable) e.g. Masters in Business, Institute of Chartered Accountants, Certified Practicing Accountant, Certified Management Accountant.
- Minimum of 5-7 years of relevant working experience in accounting and consolidation practice in the Netherlands.
- Fluent spoken and written English. Any other European language, especially German, is a plus. Dutch is mandatory.
Job Specific skills
- Knowledge of IFRS and Dutch GAAP
- Transfer Pricing experience, Corporate Finance experience and existing banking relationships
- Full capability in MS Excel
- Fiscal knowledge.
- Knowledge of German GAAP is of advantage.
- BIG-4 working experience is a plus
- Ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to set-up own working environment and working structure.
- Used to work independently and self-dependent.
- Ability to work with peers and management to achieve objectives.
- High level of honesty, integrity, commitment and responsibility.
- Discretion with confidential information
- Accustomed to working under pressure and with deadlines.
- Able to effectively communicate at all levels of the organization.
- Able to resolve problems and conflicts and a professional and tactful manner.
- Able to identify and work with management to innovative solutions to meet business requirements.
To apply for this position please send your resume with cover letter to email@example.com